InsuMax Eco Insulation and Water-proof Paint is produced under American technology from vacuum microspheres which has very low thermal conductivity. InsuMax Eco enables you to deal with water-proofing and thermal insulation at the same time with the durability under all weather conditions.
B. APPLICATION AREAS
InsuMax Eco can be used for thermal insulation and water-proof purpose on:
- Metal or brick roof, concrete wall, terrace,… of: dwelling house, factory, school, hospital, department store, warehouse, hotel, gymnasium, iron sheet house, container house and wooden house…
- Water storage tank, oil storage tank, oil field, animal industry, cold storage house, oil pipe and insulating pipe…
- Bus, small bus, water-craft, vending machine…
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- Very low thermal conductivity which provides efficient thermal insulation capacity.
- Excellent water-proof which protects roof and wall under all weather.
- Play role as a good sealant to the rooftops.
- Protect rooftops out of damage thanks to chemical resistance .
- Dry coating film with high hardness feature and dirt pick up resistance.
- Good washability.
- Sound damping when raining.
- Good bonding to almost surfaces: concrete, metal, wood…
- Lightweight coating, not affect to the load of structure.
- Water based, environmentally friendly.
- No heavy metals and hazardous substances.
- Durability under all climates, including coastals.
- All applying methods can be used: brush, roller or spray.
- Coating application does not affect activities inside.
D. HEAT INSULATING EFFICIENCE
Comparison between with and without InsuMax Eco coated metal roof exposed to sunlight at noon:
|Comparison||Bare roof||With InsuMax Eco||Temperature difference|
- The temperature is measured in common industrial workshop conditions
- Dry film thickness = 0.3mm
E. TYPICAL PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF INSUMAX ECO
|Base||Water-based acrylic||pH||7.0 – 8.0|
|Volume solid content||60 – 61% (v/v)||Color||White
Custom tinting upon request
|Wet weight||0.74 – 0.76 (kg/l)||Coating per 1 liter
* DFT:Dry Film Thickness
|2.0 m2, DFT(*) = 0.3 mm
1.2 m2, DFT(*) = 0.5 mm
Test results of INSUMAX (American standards (ASTM) and Japanese standards (JIS))
|Thermal conductivity (k)||ASTM C518-15||0.0808 (W/m.K)|
|Drying time||JIS K 5960:1993||0.2h (12 minutes)|
|Adhesion||ASTM 3359-97||100% adhesion|
|Pencil hardness||ASTM 3363-00||3.5N|
|Resistance to the effect of rapid deformation||ASTM 2794-93||Dry film stands without destruction when load of 1 kg falls from height of 94 cm.|
|Bending strength||ASTM 522-93a||Stand without destruction at min cone diameter of 3.2mm|
|Heat resistance of paint (at 110 oC for 24 hrs)||ASTM D2485-91||No blistering, no cracking and no loss of adhesion.
No cracking when blending.
|Film- formability at low temperature (5oC)||JIS K 5960: 1993||No unsualness in film formation.|
|Washability||JIS K 5960: 1993||Durable for 500 times washing.|
|Water resistance||JIS K 5960: 1993||The sample is free from abnormality even when immersed in water for 96 hours.|
|Alkali resistance||JIS K 5960: 1993||The sample is free from abnormality even when immersed in saturated solution Ca(OH)2 for 48 hours.|
|Salt resistance||JIS K 5400 : 1990
|The coating film is free from abnormality even when immersed in salt solution 3% for 96 hours|
|Acid resistance||JIS K5400:1990||No blistering after immersing in sulfuric acid solution 5% for 24 hours|
|Lead (Pb) content, mg/kg||ASTM F963||Not detected|
|Mercury (Hg) content, mg/kg||ASTM F963||Not detected|
|Arsenic (As) content, mg/kg||ASTM F963||Not detected|
|Cadmium(Cd) content, mg/kg||ASTM F963||Not detected|
F. COATING INSTRUCTION
– Old wall
– New wall
INSUMAX ECO preparation
- Stir the paint thoroughly.
- Dilute with water if needed but not exceed 5%.
- Brush, roller or air spray.
- First layer: thin (less than 150 micron)
- Second layer: thick, followed the first dried layer, (normally 1 hour in sunny day).
- 2m2 coated per one liter, equivalent to dry film thickness of 300 microns.
- Notice: area of corrugated is always larger than plan (flat), so actual coating area = corrugated iron profile x extended coefficient.
- Empty hose and nozzle, fill with water and spray until clean.
- Use up remaining paint on roller or brush, wash completely. For the next use, soak roller or brush in water to prevent from drying.
- First in – first out basis (FIFO).
- Keep container closed while not in use.
- Store in dry and well ventilated condition, avoid direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Shelf-life: 36 months.
- 17 liter pail
- 5 liter pail
I. ENVIRONMENT & HEALTH SAFETY
- Non-hazardous components to the environment and health.
- Product is non-flammable and non-explosive.